Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

3 Years Later and I'm Back in the Game!

Seriously, where did the last three years go?  Maybe a quick recap via bullet points will do?

  • Life went crazy in 2014 and 2015 and I just wasn't really in a part of life that I wanted to write about.  Kind of like when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?  Ya, that was 2014.
  • 2015 was more like finding my way on my own.
  • 2016...that was a year of big changes! And good changes they were!
So let's just start with the summer of 2016, when the REALLY big changes happened.

My boyfriend, Brian (sometimes referred to as Muscle Man, affectionately of course), got a job at the University of Illinois.  I made the decision to also move to the mostly thriving metropolis of Champaign, IL as well.  I left the only real home I've ever known for both professional and personal reasons.  That is all something that the ones closest to me know.

Once we found out Brian was going to Illinois, I was lucky enough to quickly land a pretty damn good job in a field I love, also working for the University.  This job was one that I knew would challenge me, make me grow professionally and become a better employee all around. There are days I look at my computer and wonder if I ever learned anything in college.  Sometimes I regret using my best friend's "notes" in my accounting classes.  And maybe sometimes I regret spending my Sundays recovering from the Saturday night house party a week full of workouts and meets, but at the end of every day I know I'm a better person because of the challenging situations I faced that day.  Oftentimes it takes a stiff drink to help me realize that, but that's neither here nor there, right?

Another reason?  Oh, that would be Brian.  I had spent the last 2.5 years dating this guy, who stole my heart from day one, and whom I love fiercely.  Along with my kids, he makes my world go round.
I left Missouri State on a Friday afternoon and drove to Champaign.  There were some tears, but mostly there were big dreams ahead of me.  I knew then and I know now, that that decision was one I was making for myself.  A decision to have a new chapter in my life and put closure on the past.  This life is full of adventures, challenges, fun, love, and a side of chaos too.

That's where we are now, living in our perfectly imperfect world.  There is so much more to come in 2017!

PS for Brian - That "day one" I'm referring to is January 17th, just an anniversary FYI...wink, wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment