Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Boys will be boys


OMG. I'm not a good blogger like I intended to be.  But I will say that I've jumped back on my scrapbooking habit and having blogging memories right at my fingertips has reminded me how much I love writing down all of our memories.  

I've also noticed that I tend to forget things (like in my short term memory) really easily these days.  Now I'm all paranoid that I'm going to lose my mind at an early age...but if you ask Muscle Man he'll tell you I can remember anything and everything. 

Back to where I left off on Christmas!  One night I was stressing over the number of presents I had for each kid and it ended up that Drake was one short and that ONE gift needed to be something big.  It didn't have to be big in dollars (thankfully my kids don't know much about dollars yet) but it needed to be one of the main highlights of his gifts and large in size since Hattie had a large gift.  Does anyone else operate this way with their kids? Or am I nuts?   

After Brian reminded me how crazy I was, he was delegated the responsibility of going to pick out Drake's last gift.  I should have known better.  You can't send a grown up child out to buy a child's Christmas gift.  Not realizing the extent of the inner child in Muscle Man is where I made my biggest mistake.  

He came back with not one, but two large remote control cars.

TWO OF THEM.

One for Drake.

One for him.

(and two more dolls for Hattie sending my gift equality into another tailspin)



But as you can see from this boy's face, he loved his remote control car.  


And you can see from this (very large) boy's face how much he also enjoyed his new car.


I'm not sure what happened when I took this picture because I had to stay on the porch to avoid the boys ramming their cars into my ankles, but all I can think is that Drake somehow defeated Brian and he's trying to blame the loss on his precious car.


Just to add to the attacks by boys...my mom also got them all marshmallow guns to add to the Nerf guns.  They set up on top of hay bales, drew me and my paparazzi camera in with their cuteness...


...and then shot me.


And they gave me the code name of Mama Moose.  Excuse me? 

Needless to say, the girls were equal in numbers to the boys, but they got us this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment