Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Ballpark Tour, Part 1

Sports have always been a bit of drama in our relationship.  Neither of us are really into the other's favorite sport.  He likes football (obviously, he's a coach) and I really just go to football games to people watch, play with other coach's kids, and wave at him from the stands.  On the flip side, I love baseball...and he's thinks professional baseball is a snooze fest.  Luckily, we both love college basketball, whew! 

With that bit of background...now I introduce you to a changed man! He said he'd try to get more into baseball this summer.  Originally I bet him that he'd only last until June before he was bored...but then we found White Sox games.  We only live a couple hours from Chicago so hopefully this becomes a summer weekend get away.  

PS - I'm a Cardinals fan until the day I die, so there will be no enjoying myself at a Cubs game...it's just too soon. 

It was just about the most beautiful day for a baseball game...in Chicago...in April.  We couldn't have been luckier.


Being the best travel planner around, I shouldn't have been surprised that Brian found us seats SO close to the field.  I've never sat that close at a professional baseball game and I was 100% freaking out about being that close to some players that I've followed for several years.


 And what's a baseball game without trying all the food?  My first choice was a foot long Chicago style hot dog.  It was everything I dreamed of!  We wrapped up our food tour with churros. Random, I know, but churros at games is kind of our thing.

We also went to the Brookfield Zoo and it was a REALLY good zoo.  Very well laid out, lots of people but not crowded feeling...and they sold beer.  


This polar bear was super close to us and we got to watch him (or maybe her?) play around for a while.


I thought the penguins might be a little more active, but they were cute nonetheless.


Maybe the parrot was a little boring, but he sure was pretty.  


This dolphin show though...this show was legit.  I think it only costs like $3 extra with your zoo admission ticket and it was hands down the best dolphin show I've seen.  I took Hattie and Drake to show at Shedd's Aquarium in Chicago recently and it pales in comparison to this one.

Chicago has ended up being our weekend home as there's only so much Champaign we can handle.  Next trip? Cincinnati Reds game!

No comments:

Post a Comment